Office 365 for Business offers the same features (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) that you may be familiar with, plus additional tools to help you collaborate and be more productive. What does that mean? In short, Office isn’t now constrained to well, your office! From PC, Tablet to Phone you can access, edit, collaborate and save your files across devices and when on the go.
But there’s more, here are 10 features of Office 365 that may surprise you.
1. On or Offline flexibility: Yes that’s right you don’t have to be connected to the internet to use it. Use the available applications offline.
2. Unlimited storage and collaboration: With the click of a button you can quickly and securely share files with people inside and outside your business with OneDrive for Business, from securely sharing and fine tuning a customer proposal to multiple people collaborating on the same presentation. That’s not all, Office 365 Business users get Unlimited OneDrive for Business Storage.
3. Notes to never forget: Create, read and share your notes across all your devices wherever you are with OneNote. For example, one person taking meeting minutes can share these automatically with all meeting attendees who can then view on whatever device they are using.
4. Capture and convert to digital: Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don’t lose receipts or stray sticky notes again! Always find important documents or business cards. Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it digitizes notes of all kinds, even on whiteboards or blackboards.
5. Professional video conferencing included: Okay, there will always be the necessity for Face to Face meetings, but sometimes time and costs mean these just aren’t viable. Skype For Business provides the flexibility for you to offer your customers/clients the option for a video conference where you can present, collaborate – do pretty much everything you would be able to do if you were face to face!
6. Instant Messaging (IM) and presence: Quickly see who is available online and easily invite them to attend a meeting using the IM and Presence feature in Skype for Business, even if they are a normal Skype user.
7. Reply to Emails without opening them: With Outlook in Office 365 for Business you can reply in-line to emails without even opening the email. Helping you to quickly view & respond to messages without having to separately open up every email.
8. Never forget to attach a file: Forgotten to attach a file? Not a problem, with Outlook in Office 365 for Business an automatic reminder will tell you before you send that important email to a customer.
9. Calendar Peek: Use the popular ‘peek trick’ in Outlook to glance at your calendar without moving away from the email or task you are working on.
10. Resume on any device: The resume reading feature in in Word allows you to pick up where you left off, even on a different devices! Word 2013 automatically bookmarks the last place you were reading!