We are looking to recruit an ambitious individual to take on the role of 1st Line Technician. You will be working within a small Helpdesk team reporting directly to the Helpdesk Manager. The Helpdesk comprises currently of First Line and Escalations technicians, dedicated to supporting an estate in excess of 65 servers, 900 users across an expanding client base.
You will play a key role as part of the IT Helpdesk team, providing a first point of contact for all IT issues whilst also being the first line of support. You’ll help with any and all issues around desktop PCs (PC and Mac) including email, operating system and network support. You’ll also provide light support around VoIP.
You should have experience in the IT service industry and have basic knowledge of the technology areas the business supports:
- Microsoft Server technologies
- Hosted Desktop Solutions
- Data Connectivity
- PC (essential), MAC (beneficial), Linux (not essential, but a bonus)
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the face/voice of the technical Helpdesk, listening to clients, logging issues, resolving and escalating under certain circumstances
- Liaising with clients, keeping them informed on the progress of issues that you are working on
- Managing clients’ expectations and contractual response times
- Reporting to Helpdesk Manager, following systems and processes and working towards your own professional development
- Attending team meetings
- Most importantly…becoming a core part of a growing team and being an integral part of the growth that is to come
Personal Attributes should include:
- Being organised
- Hard worker
- Excellent telephone manner and knows how to communicate to less/more technical users
- Customer management/service/care
- Cool when put under pressure
The company is growing with further opportunities arising in more senior roles. We are looking for someone that has the drive to progress within the IT industry and rise to further challenges as they become available. The role is for 37.5 hours per week between operational hours of Monday to Friday, 8am until 6pm. Weekend overtime is available for project work.
You will be based in our Glasgow head office, however travel to client sites may be required, driving license and car isn’t essential but would be beneficial.
If you are interested in joining the pcr team, please email your CV to email@example.com with a short covering letter.
If you think this may be of interest to people you know then share it with your online community using the buttons below.
Leave a Reply